Friday, February 27, 2009

It's happening!!

Last night for bedtime stories we read a few old Pooh bedtime stories, The Princess and the Potty (5 times), and Where the Wild Things Are. I've been trying to incorporate more excellent literature into things and I saw this title on a booklist and was surprised to realize that I had never read a copy to the kids. I remember how magical that book was so I was watching the kids carefully and did my best dramatic reading of it 2 or 3 times as requested. I thought maybe I saw sparks.

Then this morning during our lessons I noticed Isaac's hand kept reaching out and rubbing the cover of it, still laying there on the coffee table, tempting him. Eventually it was sitting beside him during our bible review. While I was telling him about what was coming up next week he had it open in his lap reading it quietly. "We know this is probably soup, because it was hot, but what do you suppose this is?" he asked running his finger over the picture of Max's dinner. He helped me straighten up the living room, trying to earn that last bit of money he needs for his next bionicle. Then I left the room, and shortly thereafter I hear the story of the wild things coming to life from right around the corner as Isaac treats sweet sister with the story over and over again.

Then of course, sweet sister demands Princess and the Potty, and Isaac reads her this one, too. What a prince.

0 comments: