Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Will Summer please slow down?

Summer has the potential to be full of fun, lazy, science experiment, treasure hunting, water drenched, cloud watching days. So far it has been full of closet rearranging, house sitting, hurry up or we'll be late kind of days.

I feel like summer is underachiving this year around my house. Is it like this at your house, too? We've not sat on the swing once and dripped popsicles all over ourselves. We haven't seen a single tadpole, although we have looked. I DID see a lightning bug last night, but the children were already in bed. I am looking for those lazy days of summer, but they are lollygagging on someone else's lawn.

I am getting a tan, although I've been so busy I'm not sure where I got it, and was pleasantly surprised when I discovered it wasn't dirt. I would really like to spend the whole day at the park (are there portapotties there?), or the pool, or on the trampoline, on the couch, or even in the flower beds with no other commitments that we have to hurry up and go home and get naps for or else someone will be cranky...aaaaaahhhhhh.

Summer better hurry up and get here and get it's tire stuck in the mud of my yard. I need a break.

1 comments:

Chelle said...

I feel the same way. We've been busy with ball schedules. On the nights that both kids play at the same time (and in different parks), I have to make dinner at 4 p.m. Summer is going by too fast and will be over before we get to catch our breath.